Saturday, September 15, 2018

Application

So earlier this year I was doing a Level 2 City & Guilds course, I was enjoying it. I decided I wanted to do more, progress, learn new skills. So I emailed the centre asking if they ran a Level 3 course, nope. So I tried other local colleges, nothing.

Then somehow, and I am not sure how or why I decided to look at university courses. Stupid idea, I couldn't go to uni. I found a course I fancied planning to possibly apply for 2019, so that meant an Access course as I didn't have the entry requirements. Closet access course I could find was Art, not what I wanted to do; I can't draw.

Then I thought why not drop the uni an email, ask if it was worth applying, so I did late one night while hubby was at work. Was surprised when I got a response asking to see my portfolio. Cue panic, I had a portfolio for my level 2 course but was it good enough. After a few hours of photographing my portfolio and previous projects, the email was sent.
2 hours later a response, I had a place, apply for UCAS. This was the end of May 2018, I had a place for Uni starting in September 2018. I'd never even visited the university.

A whirlwind of paperwork and applications followed, UCAS, Student Finance, it was never-ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment