Sunday, December 4, 2022

Hull

 


The Brynmoor Jones Library (University of Hull)




Things I love about the University of Hull.

  • It's an excellent Campus out of town and with lots of space around the buildings.
  • The mixture of old and new buildings is very much like Huddersfield.
  • And the library, more specifically the Observatory on the 7th Floor of the Library.
These views are amazing.


Of course, I didn't visit just for the Views I visited to collect my SCONUL Card and to check out their nautical book collection. I was not disappointed. 


Lots of reading to do now.

After the University we popped into the Ferens Gallery, mainly to avoid the rain, but in the Gallery, I was thrilled to find this Painting by Alexender Johnston (1868). Though painted in 1868 the painting is set in 1798, and clearly depicts the clothing worn by sailors and junior officer.










No comments:

Post a Comment