Friday, August 26, 2022

Mixed Emotions



A brief reflection

Finishing Uni back in May, was not what I expected.

I felt very lost for a couple of months having gone from being terribly busy and being prepared to feeling happy and relieved that I had completed my course, to feeling a sense of loss and deep sadness. 

The loss not only at losing two family members, but more so a sense of grief at having completed university, at not having the routine and deadlines in my life, and at not seeing friends on a daily basis. It was not how I expected to feel, and that made it worse. 

People around me had no idea, and so didn't or couldn't support me. While other felt a sense of elation and excitement at finishing their undergraduate studies, I didn't, I wasn't scared or worried about the future, just not excited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment