Sunday, October 16, 2022

Surprising Resource

Surprising Resource

The Internet Archive

It's not really a surprise as I have used this website a lot in the past, but I always seem to forget it and stumble back across it later.

This time it started with a mention of the Royal Naval Uniform Regulations for Officers 1891, a quick internet search took me straight to a copy of these regulations in a New York Library, digitized by Google.

As well as great descriptions of the uniforms this book also contains some fantastic images of the uniform items.



Of course, this sent me down a rabbit hole of looking for other interesting publications and the Internet Archive did not disappoint.

1879 Regulations for Naval Uniform by Herbert Booker

One of my favourites has to be the publications that came from the Royal Naval Exhibition of 1891 (more on that later)

No comments:

Post a Comment