Saturday, October 1, 2022

Well That was a busy week

My degree officially starts today the 1st October, but last week was so busy, yet satisfying and oddly relaxing, I've missed being really busy.

Starting Monday with a one-to-one session on getting into teaching with lots of great advice, do I want to be a teacher, honestly I am not sure yet. That said I am really enjoying teaching, and new experiences, training and qualifications are always a bonus. 

The chat was really useful and certainly gave me some thinking points and areas for further investigation.

Tuesday was a successful day at work with my students, most of whom had never touched a sewing machine before, all designing and making their own bags. I was really impressed with this and very proud of them all.

Wednesday started with a two-hour online training session on Period dignity and Menopause from BECTU, found this surprisingly interesting and learned a lot, much of which I have already passed on to others. 

From this, I dashed to a coordinators meeting for our academic society, and this went well. Then onto another meeting, while also taking part in an online Postgrad catch-up meeting

Thursday a meeting with my volunteer manager and mentor, for the sports volunteering I am doing, followed by a little spare time to dash into town to buy materials for the session I was running later in the day. Then a meeting with a  theatre company about a project for the academic society. I did however manage to have a brief lunch with a friend before delivering a session on Yarncrafts for the school of applied sciences, this was well received with some students asking for another session.

Before in the evening when I discovered I now have access to SkillsForge, so the evening was spent updating that and booking courses. 

Friday a day off, that isn't a day off in the way other people have a day off, that means a day of floristry ready for a family wedding. 



Friday evening a little light research and reading, some more time booking training on SkillsForge, and some Society organisation. 


No comments:

Post a Comment