Thursday, October 6, 2022

Trains

Trains

Trains may seem an odd subject for my blog, but I suspect I will mention them a lot. Not because I particularly love trains, I mean I like them, I spend a lot of my life on trains, or I would If they were not on strike (again).

Yes, rail strikes are the bain of my life at the moment. I understand the reasons and support many of them, but I need to get to University, I need to get to work, I need to get to the library. As a student who doesn't drive I need public transport, the buses are often cancelled or late, and the distance I travel means trains are essential. 



When trains are running they are often overcrowded, due to cancellations, fewer coaches than expected or simply that it's a busy time. This morning I spent my entire journey on one train in a stranger's armpit, thankfully he was a hygienic stranger and it was early in the day. 
Monday my journey involved being constantly whacked with a fellow passenger's backpack, please take bags off on busy trains, espev=cially if you have no concept of your extra hump. 
Does it make me want to learn to drive? honestly not really, I do generally enjoy my journies and find it a useful time to be able to read, make notes or simply research.  Even packed into a small corner I can read a book and add sticky tabs for later reference or listen to an audiobook, often both. 

No comments:

Post a Comment