Monday, September 5, 2022

Anxiety

Anxiety is not something I would give much thought to or indeed talk about normally, but the last few days in the run up to starting my degree properly next month I have started to feel anxious.
When planning my proposal all those months ago there seemed to be a wealth of information out there on my subject, now when I come to look for that information in detail there seems very little.
The frantic note taking has started, though is mainly lists of archives, libraries and museums at present.
But today while reading The Craft of Research (Booth, Colomb and Williams) I came across a quick tip which seems to sum it all up and helped a lot. 
Manage Moments of Normal Anxiety
They explain that feeling of being in a hopeless muddle is a normal part of research.

So I guess this post is in fact a book recommendation.

This book was recommended to me by a former OU academic and has proved to be every bit as good as she said, so thank you, Janet.
It helped guide me through the process of writing my proposal and is now helping to establish as I plan my research phase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment