Saturday, September 3, 2022

Easing myself in slowly, or holding back on getting started

I have been desperate to start my research journey, but at the same time terrified of diving in. Why? 

  • Partly as I am worried I don't know what I am doing and will waste a lot of time researching for all it all to be the wrong direction or techniques.
  • Partly as I don't want to do it all now and then have nothing to do.
  • Partly as I am worried I'll struggle to condense my work to just 20,000.
What do I do? I research where to research, of course.

  • Lists of Archives
  • Lists of Museums
  • Lists of Former British Empire Countries
    • Breaking it down to those with military
    • Those with Navies
    • Those with appropriate museums/archives
  • Suitable books (any excuse to buy books)

I've set up a new Padlet, a Mendeley and Zotero for my research. I am really enjoying the new map feature on Padlet, which I know I could do on Google Maps but it's integrated into a Padlet board, so may as well use it to add museums and archives that are useful to me.

I've sorted out my SCONUL access to use other university libraries.

It's all getting rather real now.


No comments:

Post a Comment